Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Discovering Pulau Ubin: A Taste of Rural Singapore



Long before arriving here in SG, I always told myself I’ll find a nice trail or mountain where I can warm my legs up on a mountain bike. And it’s good to do that with former colleagues. Our stop -- Pulau Ubin.

Pulau Ubin means "Granite Island" in Malay. There are many old granite quarries. This small lush island remains one of the last rural place in Singapore, and I’m excited I was the early bird in our meeting place in Changi Point Ferry Terminal. So while waiting, I grabbed a few photos and had fun with another hobby, photography. I experimented on the sepia and black/white shots. While checking out the island, I continued getting a few snaps as well. Here were my takes...


It was a fun-filled day. I enjoyed the trails. They had one of the best so far from what I’ve experienced.

The trail is located in the Ketam Mountain Bike Park built on 2007. It's about 8 kilometers long with various levels of difficulty with a lot of short but steep climbs and downhills.

We went through the Black Diamond trail with a number of steep climbs and descents, tricky turns, and coupled with slippery rain ruts as it just rained in the morning.

It's good to have an adrenaline rush again on a mountain bike! A heart-pumping biking exercise always leaves me smiling at the end of the day. Enjoy the rest of the pics! :)

\


No comments:

Post a Comment