Monday, April 6, 2015

Poland Chronicles: Spending the Easter Sunday

5 April 2015

Today is Easter Sunday, and I spent the day by attending the Holy Mass at The Cathedral Basilica of St. James the Apostle - the second highest structure in Szczecin, Poland at 110 meters. Although the Mass was spoken in Polish, I think I can still correlate some parts of the Mass in English corresponding to how it is done back home. It's been so many times that I have been to different places and it always feels home whenever I visit a church. I am glad that Poland is a Christian country by majority. It feels like home that Polish and Filipinos share the same belief.


After the Mass, it was a good stroll to the city's port, where you can see the postcard perfect museum which famously represents Szczecin.

 


Yesterday, I had a good stroll at the Jasne Błonia park. It is home to the monument of Pope John Paul II, now saint. It is of great timing that I get to be in one of the holy places during the Holy Week.


At the park you can also find another monument locally known as the "three eagles" representing the three generations that made the city as it is now.

Further up north of the park sits a pond next to the blossoming trees. I can't wait to bring my family here for a stroll.
  

 

Here is a cool 3D aerial photo of the park.



No comments:

Post a Comment