Saturday, January 30, 2010

US 2006

Photobucket

It was early winter of 2006 when our team at work were sent to Lexington, Kentucky for training. For most of us, it was our first time to be there, and all were excited! And it was snowing! We already had our interstates plan before even landing in the US. I had first felt how it was like in the US when we landed in L.A. It was winter so I was amazed how cold it was to be outside. Ah, just like a big air condition was turned up a notch. Anyways, we spent 8 weeks in training in our headquarters in Lexington, KY, and a lot of interstates including Chicago IL, Dayton OH, and Gatlinburg TN. We got to visit a lot of places including the Lake Michigan, a vast lake almost the size of West Virginia state.

We were housed in The Marriott's Residence Inn. The place is quite nice.
0049 photo
0071 photo
0070 photo
0069 photo

And since we were about to go to different places, I had to get my hands on one good digicam. This is when I bought my Canon Powershot A610 on Jan. 31, 2006, which until now is alive and kicking. This has been to lots of places that I've been, snapping all these photos all along. I got this from Circuit City for about $300 then. These days, camera specs are ramping up while their prices are plunging. Someday this A610 will reach retirement age and will need to get myself one of those bulldog cameras. :)
0021 (Circuit City) photo

On our first weekend, we went to the Air Force Museum in Dayton, Ohio.
(Air Force Museum pics)

We also visited Jeffersonville, KY on the following day. This is when I was introduced to a hobby called “shopping”. Factory outlets crowd the place, such as Nike, Adidas, Fossil, Vanity Fair where Jansport bags are on sale, and the list goes on.
(Jeffersonville pics)

A few days after, we visited one of the busiest states, Chicago. The place was just how I imagined US to be -- tall buildings. And speaking of that, we visited the second tallest building in the world then, the Sears Tower.
(Sears)

No comments:

Post a Comment